Sometimes you have to take a break. This could be a prolonged study break or a much needed break from your career. Whatever the case may be, you will need the type of travel insurance that will cover the entire trip.
Insurance companies only offer you the type of insurance policy you need for such a trip. This type of insurance is called Gap Year travel insurance.
Who is this insurance for?
Gap Year Travel Insurance is aimed at people aged 16 to 50 who are planning extended trips. Students with limited budget as well as other travelers from the UK and the European Union are perfect candidates for this type of travel insurance policy. The coverage is complete without frills, so it is easily accessible.
This policy covers up to 15 months of travel and can be extended up to 18 months. This type of insurance policy covers all countries in the world such as the United States, Canada, the Caribbean Islands, Mexico and even Japan.
The advantages of travel insurance Year Gap
When choosing the gap year policy, you get the following benefits:
- You don’t have to be a young student to be eligible for this insurance policy. People up to 50 years can buy the annual Gap travel insurance.
- All residents of the United Kingdom and the European Union can purchase this cover.
- Get coverage even after departure, which means that if you have already started your travels and then you realize you don’t have insurance coverage, you can still contact the insurance company and get Gap Year’s travel insurance.
- You are covered for Unshielded medical conditions. Insurance companies have a list of free medical conditions covered as part of Gap Year’s standard travel insurance coverage. So, if your condition is listed and has been stable for at least 12 months, you don’t have to worry about paying extra for medical coverage.
- In addition to standard medical coverage, you will also have emergency medical assistance 24 hours a day.
- An interesting thing – even cruise cruises are covered as standard in your Gap Year Travel policy.
- Most adventurous activities like trekking, cycling, most sports and diving are covered as part of the package. However, if you are looking at extreme sports at higher risk, you should take additional coverage in addition to your existing travel policy.
- You can even customize your policy with additional add-ons. For example, you can get coverage for your valuables, excess excess coverage, repatriation to New Zealand, Australia or South Africa, winter sports coverage and even homecoming coverage, to name a few.
The best time to buy the insurance policy is when you are planning your trip. This way, if you need to cancel your trip at the last minute, you will receive cancellation coverage. Travel safely!